"All meaningful change starts in the imagination and works its way out. Therefore, dream often ... and dream big."
ADVANCE YOUR SUCCESS
A thoughtful and integrated approach to advance your success begins now.
Contact us to begin the conversation.
Leading in Complexity and Decision-Making (L2L-LCDM-750)
This course opens the door to the wider scope of leadership practice. Emphasizing the importance of understanding chaos, complexity, and long-term strategic decision-making, this particular course is designed to improve the leaders’ mindset toward judgment and critical thinking skills using proven approaches to analysis, potential strategies, and emerging research. Leading in Complexity & Decision-Making is about recognizing the broad distinctions between difference types of complexity. In this course, we will introduce participants to, and develop, a vocabulary for observing and navigating change and complexity. In doing so, participants discover new ways to organize and orient themselves as leaders.
Experience & Impact
Participants will learn about chaos theory as a measure of complexity, and decision-making contexts. The use of chaos theory in strategic decision-making enhances participants’ capacity to make well-thought-out decisions. This includes an exploration of the four domains, being Obvious, Complicated, Complex, and Chaotic. Participants will cultivate an:
- Improved understanding of Complexity an ability to apply Snowden's model
- Ability to conduct a real situation analysis using the Model, and potential strategies
- enhanced decision-making skills in a dynamic of Complexity, leveraging identified strategies
- Improved understanding of individual decision bias while considering the ‘whole system’
- Effective approach to engage in ‘Stakeholder Dialogues’ to seek input and influence
- Mid to senior level managers and leaders, including those emerging from a technical / supervisory leadership role
- Mid to senior level managers and leaders who in need of developing effective leadership skills
Schedule / Investment
|February 12 - March 9, 2018||10 Hours||Edmonton, AB||$1,495 plus GST|
This course runs over a minimum of two sessions (10 training hours) excluding time for meals and breaks, and is limited to 6-10 participants per session.